SUP and Wild Camping..!
If you love Stand Up Paddle and you have an appetite for the great Norfolk outdoors, then this SUP and Wild Camp adventure is just for you. An all day SUP paddle, a remote overnight wild camp followed by more SUP paddling on the second day around some of the most stunning scenery the Broads has to offer, forms the backbone of this awesome SUP adventure. This is no regular SUP trip as here at NOA we strive to educate and empower people to be quite simply better equipped for the outdoors. We’ll teach you the ways to be more responsible, practical and respectful whilst out in the wilds and will share with you the 7 principals of Leave No Trace allowing to you to enjoy the outdoors in a more responsible and respectable way for you to then pass on to others.Maps, Paddles & Hot Water...
Reading maps for navigation, improving your SUP paddling skills, learning how to pack your equipment on boards for mini or multi-day adventures, SUP safety, looking for rest stops, zero impact camping, working with the weather and how to make hot food and drinks on the move from what’s around you - this trip will teach you all of this whilst out in the open landscape, all whilst leaving no trace and zero environmental impact.Who’s this Adventure For..?
As this trip serves as an introduction to expedition paddling, it’s expected that basic paddling skills are needed and therefore this workshop isn’t suitable for complete beginner SUP paddlers, so before booking please see the below checklist to see if this session is suitable for you.Must Haves
- The ability to stand, turn, stop, get up and down regularly and remount the board after a fall without external assistance (obviously we are there to help, but we’d like to see that you can do it)
- Must be able to paddle at a minimum of 2.5mph for at least 2 hours minimum up to a maximum of 6 hours (with plenty of breaks for food and pictures - so pretty chilled out).
- Total distance to paddle over the 2 days will be approximately 22 miles (the bigger proportion on day 1).
- Minimum age of 18 due to the length of the trip, environment and overnight element.
What’s included and what should you bring..?
We will supply the following:
Water You’ll need to bring the following.
- Board, Paddle, Safety Leash, Bouyancy Aid, Drybags Tent,
- Sleeping Mat, Food for Lunch/Dinner (All Veggie/Vegan), Water.
National Park Experiences is a curated collection that brings the stories of our National Parks to life. Each experience offers an authentic insight into the landscape and special qualities of a National Park.
- Sleeping Bag, Snacks/Energy, Cup/Mug, Cutlery (Spork), Paddling Clothes (Sports Type, Wetsuit), Change of Clothes, Wind/Waterproof Jacket, All Personal Effects and a Fun, Positive Attitude.
- Further information upon booking.